Entries closed on Saturday for Armstrong Ceilings Competition to win a new Dune eVo ceiling for your community project, and we’re delighted we’ve had so much interest. Here you can read about all the entries we’ve received.
Each one of these projects is important – each one needs a new ceiling and many are looking for other support. So why not check them out, visit their websites, talk to them on their social channels and share their pages? Whether they win the competition or not, we can help them find support to continue doing their good work in the communities they serve.
Armstrong #eVoNewBeginnings Competition Entries:
Our entries for the Armstrong #eVoNewBeginnings Competition are:
- Tiber Football Centre. Tiber is an organisation which supports 14-18 year olds in Liverpool. They are building a new Football Centre which will provide football coaching to young people across the city.
- Kingsmead School. Kingsmead was built in 1938 in Staffordshire, and still has some of its original timber corridor ceilings – they would like to replace them and improve the learning environment for their pupils.
- 1st Winlaton Scout Group. 1st Winlaton Scouts have a well-used building they have been working on refurbishing for two years, but they haven’t been able to fundraise for a new ceiling.
- People Without Labels. This charity community and arts project occupies the oldest building in the East End of Glasgow, and provide support and food for vulnerable local people. Their ceiling is in need of replacement.
- St Augustine’s Nursery. This primary school nursing space has a damaged ceiling and replacing it will enable the school to make the space available to the community during the school holidays.
- 5th Boston Scout Group. After replacing the rotting wooden floor on their scout hall, 5th Boston Scout Group want to tackle the ceiling next. It would be ‘a weight off our minds’.
- Sunderland Mind. This group have recently been fortunate to get use of a new space they want to use to support older people locally with events, but the acoustics are really not up to it, and a new ceiling would help.
- The Space Field Lane. This is a project to rescue and renovate a former community centre for the use of everyone in the Rastrick area. To win a Dune eVo ceiling would be ‘an incredible boost’ to the project.
- Pilsley CofE Primary School. This school hall has been entered by acoustics consultant Silvio Murgia who points out the 1960s existing ceiling isn’t helping pupils hear each other. A new ceiling will make a difference for generations of pupils.
Please visit the entries via the links above or the thumbnails below, and like, share and comment on them to show your support.
The judges are considering all the entries and a winner will be announced on July 16th.